Privacy issues worries about private messaging application Telegram were raised not long later its release in 2013. The default setting of the application doesn’t encrypt communications among sender and the receiver. On the off chance that you don’t enable the Secret Chat feature, your discussions will be saved on Telegram’s servers, which are situated across the globe.
The statement by the Telegram is that your stored chat data is encoded on their servers and that they hold the data in the event that you need to revisit or restore old messages. In any case, this brings up the issue with regards to why putting away your information isn’t on a select in premise, or why encryption isn’t the default setting.
As a result, it is banned in some countries, closely monitored in other countries, and removed from the App Store for a short period in early 2018, when inappropriate content distribution was discovered.
Step-By-Step Guide: How to Delete Your Telegram Account
There are several ways to delete a Telegram account. You should know in advance that once deleted, your account will not be recoverable. Your chats, contact lists, groups, etc. will be permanently deleted, even if you download Telegram again later.
1. Delete Telegram Account Automatically
Self-destruct is one of Telegram’s security features that will delete the account after a period of inactivity. The default self-destruct period is six months of inactivity, but you can change it to a shorter period.
- Log in to your Telegram account on your device and select ‘Settings’.
- Click on ‘Privacy and Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Delete My Account if I’m Away For’ and change to the duration of your choice. Let’s say 1 month.
- If you don’t use Telegram, your account will be deleted along with all your conversations and contacts after the month is up.
Setting self-destruct settings can change your mind when you are inactive. Just use the chat program and the self-destruct period will reset.
2. Delete Telegram Account Manually
There is no ‘delete account’ feature in the Telegram application, it must be done through an internet browser either on your mobile phone or PC. Follow these straightforward steps:
- Visit the Telegram Deactivation Page and enter your registered telephone number in the right format according to your country.
- You will be asked to add a verification code, which has been sent to your registered mobile number.
- On the following page, you can enter a justification behind leaving in the event that you decide, prior to clicking ‘Done’.
- An alert pop-up asks ‘Are you sure?’ Click ‘Yes, Delete My Account’.